Trinity Lutheran Church was organized on September 15, 1901 when eight men signed the original constitution. The original church building was dedicated on September 23, 1907.
In the late seventies, the members of Trinity, although advised to close their doors, sought God's help to continue a Lutheran ministry in Sheridan.
The present fellowship hall and Sunday school rooms were designed and constructed by members during 1979-1982.
In 1987 construction began on a new church building as the congregation had outgrown the existing one. The architect of the new building was Pietro Belluschi. He also designed and donated a stained glass window, which was installed over the chancel. The new building was dedicated near the 90th anniversary of the church on October 13, 1991.
The congregation built the church with no fund raising and no memorials. All gifts would be anonymous and no long-term debt was incurred.
"Except the Lord build the house, those who build it labor in vain." Ps. 127:1.
This brief history illustrates Matthew 19:26 - "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
Board of Elders